About Randall Garnick,
Boston and New England wedding photographer
Hi and thanks for taking a minute to look at my work. I'm Randall Garnick (but answer to Randall, Randy or Garnick) and I'm a full-time professional photographer based outside of Boston but travel all over New England and also shoot in a number of destinations each year.
A Visual Storyteller...
When I'm not out running trails with my ever-energetic sidekick Luna, an Australian Shepherd, you'll find me curating photo albums, styling shots and chasing light. I'm a visual storyteller and the details that capture the individual story are what find their way into my work. To me, that is the essence of photography - the story.
For the past eight years, I've specialized in wedding photography in Boston, all around New England and a select number of destination weddings as well. I've been so lucky and blessed to work with amazing couples in every New England state, New York, Pennsylvania, California and the Florida Keys. I've traveled to three different countries to photograph incredible destination weddings. It's been a wild ride so far. It's what drives me creatively and challenges me to create something unique for each couple - your personal story.
The Experience (what you need to know):
"Overcoming all obstacles to get the right photograph at the right time. Chasing the light. Putting my couples' priorities first. Know the stories of the men and women I photograph are most important. Not hesitating to lay on the ground in a new suit to get the shot. More smiles and laughter...less drama. It's about capturing a huge milestone day in the lives of two people and doing it with respect, authenticity and in a creative way. Placing significance on documenting emotions. It's about legacy, your family legacy."
In addition to weddings you'll fine me photographing: architecture (interiors and exteriors); professional headshots; environmental portraits; lifestyle and editorial work for marketing and advertising purposes; corporate events; and in education for the many universities in the New England area. See my commercial work at:
Also, I am fortunate enough to photograph a lot of my travels and you can see my travel photography here:
A few accolades:
- The Knot's prestigious Hall of Fame Vendor award for the Boston area
- The Knot's Best of Weddings Award: 2011 - 2015
- WeddingWire Bride's Choice Award: 2011 - 2015
By the numbers (professionally):
- 300, total weddings I've photographed
- 175, weddings photographed as the lead photographer
- 10, states I've traveled to in order to shoot weddings
- 10, years as a full-time professional photographer
- 3, countries traveled to in order to shoot weddings
When I'm not behind a camera, you'll find me -
- running with Luna, my 4 yr old Australian Shepherd
- training in Krav Maga (currently a red/black belt)
- working on many house projects
- training for my next long distance race
- planning my next photography adventure - France 2018 :)
- drinking an excessive amount of coffee
- making bread from scratch
- or trying to learn something completely new
By the numbers (personally):
- 13, half marathons completed
- 3, full marathons completed
- 702, running miles logged in 2015 (personal best)
- 12, U.S. National Parks visited (only 46 more to go!)
This is pretty much my happy place :) - photo credit: LoveDays Photography
photo credit - LoveDays Photography
photo credit - Michael Hurley
Self-portrait taken at Cape Breton Highlands N.P. in Canada. This is from a 2700 mile road trip I made to the Eastern-most point in North America, Cape Spear near St. John's in Newfoundland Canada.
Hiking the Inca Trail in Peru. 25 miles of hiking, 4 days, peak elevation 13, 780 ft above sea level, no showers and an amazing experience. photo credit: Erin McArdle
photo credit: Erin McArdle
Luna, my studio mascot, wondering why she can't be on the couch.